Sunday, April 25, 2010

TSA security threat

Here is the scenario: right after going through security at Sacramentos airport (SMF) I pick up my bags and recombobulate myself and start towards my gate. I have to immediately turn left as there is a TSA table there at the end of the security area funneling all people to the terminal. No one is sitting at the table but as I'm walking past I notice 2 pencil cup holders full of pencils and pens and-wait for it-2 long handled metal scissors. That's right-just the kind of thing you would get stripped searched for just daring to have in your bag 20 feet back from where I just was. I stop. I look around and think what should I do? If I wanted to I could have slipped them out of the pencil cups put them into my coat pocket and continue on my merry way. If I was a bad guy I would now have a couple of weapons just as deadly as - say - box cutters. I motion to a TSA flunkie to come to me, pick up the scissors, throw them down on the table and tell him that perhaps these shouldn't be left right there. I continue on to my airplane, pass the story on to my FO, and enjoy my caramel macchiato knowing that the TSA is hard at work protecting us all.....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Pilot Rage against TSA!! I let mine out about once every 6 months!! TSA - They Suck Ass....

    TSA - Totally Stupid Agency!! That is it.

    All we need to do is arm every passenger with a Crocodile Dundee Knife! Then when Al Crazy 'South Park Stick Figure' Qaeda wants to fight, the odds are in our favor.

    Gotta luv political correctness!

    ReplyDelete