Monday, November 1, 2010

Bad people make bad passengers!

Kicked off two adults and 3 kids off my plane this weekend due to "noncompliance" which is a fancy word for "won't do what the flight attendants tell them to do." Apparently they didn't understand that all 5 of them could not sit in a 3 person row. Now 4 could given 3 in seats and 1 in a lap because there are 4 oxygen masks available per row of 3 seats. The 1st time this was explained to the mother she told my flight attendant not to bother her because she was eating a sandwich. The second time it was explained that in case of emergency there would not be enough oxygen masks her response was "What are the chances of that?" The straw that broke my flight attendants back was the disregard to her multiple pleas to have the kids sit down as opposed to running all over the cabin(I can't taxi/move the aircraft until everyone is sitting down). Of course the screaming from the kids didn't help and their snotty/mean attitudes. So with concurrence from everyone we had them removed from the aircraft.

Doesn't end there though....My flight attendant(I'm tired of typing this out every time so from now on understand that FA=flight attendant) had 3 people fill out witness forms after about 15 people expressed their gratitude for kicking these passengers off the plane. I read the forms and was shocked to read this from another passenger about the 2 adults: "The mother said to the grandmother, "Give me a sip of the Stoli." Grandma poured a clear liquid from a baby bottle into a Pepsi bottle, took a drink, then passed it to Mom. Mom took a long drink then placed the bottle in the seatback in front of her."

That's right-vodka in a baby bottle! Question 1: How did they get that through security? I can just see it, "That's the babys formula officer!" Question 2: How do we remove her parenting license? Well the other witness form said that passenger was planning on calling Child Protective Services upon reaching Indianapolis if they had stayed on-board my jet. Probably a good call there. Question 3: What kind of people will these poor kids grow up to be with losers like this for parents?

My advise: Leave the vodka at home and definitely out of the babys bottle. Actually do what the FA says-it might just save your life. Don't be mean or you won't stay on my jet-I don't care what you paid. As my FA said, "If they are this much trouble on the ground, what will they be like in the air?"

Bottom line is bad people make bad passengers!

No comments:

Post a Comment